Sign up for Southern ALERTS Here
Southern ALERTS is an emergency notification system that will be used by Southern to notify faculty/staff, students and other constituents of emergency situations that are occurring on one or all of our campuses or sites providing instructions for actions you should take. All emergency alerts will automatically be sent to:
- Every Southern provided email address (@southernwv.edu)
- Every Southern office or classroom phone
- Southern’s website
- Southern’s Facebook page
- Southern’s Twitter feed
- A pop-up window on every Southern owned desktop/laptop computer on the Southern network
In addition, you may also sign up to have alerts delivered via email to:
- Any personal email address
- Text messages sent to any cell phone numbers you provide
- Voice calls made to any voice phone number you provide
You may sign up at the Southern ALERTS portal page by clicking here.
Watch how to sign up below:
As you sign up, be aware that if you use your @southernwv.edu email address as the username, you will receive two emails at that address whenever an emergency alert is sent. You may prefer to use a personal email address as the username for this Southern ALERTS account to avoid receiving duplicate emails.